Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Holding our Breath I

Today is an exciting day, and I've been trying to hold my breath ever since I woke up this morning. Alas, it is nearly 13:00H and I don't know if I can hold on much longer!!

Yes today is Edwafin pay day. You see, when they installed the multi-million Rand computer system to facilitate better payment of interests to investors, they also moved the payment date to the last day of the month. It is hilarious, but that never happened and payday was moved on ad infinitum. Anyway, we have some daylight left before the day finally comes to and end - just keep my breath a little longer.

There are about 4000 investors who are holding their breath today.

Yesterday was a rubbish day. I uploaded the promised documents to my website, and while there also did a security upgrade of the operating system. The whole thing promptly crashed, and I spend until 19:00h in an effort to fix it. The good news is that the site is back up, and the promised prospectuses may be downloaded from this link (prospectuses). You are of course also welcome to peruse the other pages of my little kingdom.

FIN24 is also running with the story, and you can go a n look at it here or In My Cape Town.

There was some good news, though, from the FSB (Financial Services Board). They weren't still on holiday, and early yesterday I received a friendly email from officials at the FSB. Since then they have asked for copies of all the documents, and have even been on the phone with me a few times. Excellent work and many thanks to them for giving this matter their attention:

20090330 Response From the FSB

No comments: