Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pausa Longa II


And then there was
STILL NOTHING

Two weeks after the debentures certificates, along with my "stop option" and completed forms had been returned to EDWAFIN, they simply did not even acknowledge receipt thereof. To say even less about the seven days my attorney had given them to refund us our money.

Again I had to send Mr Stapleton a letter, informing him that the debentures had been delivered two weeks before but that they didn't even have the courtesy of acknowledging receipt:
20090122 Enquiry After the Return of Debentures
(Note the picture is now reduced in size) The normally friendly, and congenial Mr Stapleton responded in a very curt message, that the matter was in the hands of the Legal Department. Now that was an expedient and convenient way of getting rid of me and the matter at hand - The Legal Department. I mean, how am I meant to respond to that? Now they could ignore me for as long as it was their pleasure and they would not need to address the matter of returning my investment to which I was now legally entitled. Of course, I still maintain that they are an upright, profoundly honest and above-board company. It is often being said that actions speak louder than words. But words frequently also speak louder than words. In this case we have actions contradicting the persistent reiteration that they are above board, honest and open, while on the other hand we have continuous expressions that are contradicted by subsequent continuous expressions. Anyway here is Mr Stapleton's email:
20090202 Stapleton Responds to Enquiry
In a slight flair of irritation I decided that Mr Stapleton, and his colleagues should realize that I was serious. Let's face it a lot of money is involved and we are not getting our monthly income from our investment. According to the prospectus, we were now also entitled to have our money back, and invest it somewhere else. But what does one do, the authorities are so busy with their own affairs that they don't even respond to the people of the country any more. The only solution was to get the media involved. There I had lots of plans up my one sleeves. However, EDWAFIN already has had its fair share of negative publication, and I didn't want to exacerbate an already precarious situation too much.

Thus, I wrote a short entry in a blog run by FIN24, with EDWAFIN as topic (click here to go there). I also made an entry with HelloPeter.com, which, for those that are unfamiliar with HelloPeter.com sends a message to the company concerned informing them that a complained has been made.

Perhaps that would wake them up. If not, there were a few other options still available.
Keep in mind the subsidiary companies, of which EDWABOND, seems a very important, if not elusive tentacle. They do all the fund raising and are registered with the FSB (who I had written to, but who are so important, that they don't respond to humans, only highly evolved nebulous a vague entities. Thanks anyway, we'll be back). That was the next target in my viewfinder and who would be better to approach than Noseweek. Let's be quite honest, if I am about to loose that amount of money it will be with a series of big bangs. There are a few other options, but we won't reveal the innermost secrets right yet.

The previously mentioned Ms Cowen, bless her soul, responded the next day. Unfortunately, is seems that some people think that other sentient beings are all lacking in IQ. Yes, she told us how busy they were, that they were not bankrupt, but were experiencing temporary financial difficulties it actually sounds as if they are trying to convince themselves), etc. etc. Nowhere was there acknowledgement of receipt of my documents.
Oh, nearly forgot to add, that the implication was that the whole matter would take time because it had to go to the board meeting in March (one would expect the board to sit at least twice a week in times of crisis), that the authorities had to give their approval, etc, etc. No mention of the clause 12.2 which states that investment should be refunded within 30 days after request. Strange also is the fact, the authorities had given their stamp of approval on the prospectus when it was registered, were they going to withdraw that now again?
In any case it was clear that they would not be able to pay me at that moment:

20090203 Reply From Cowan About Returned Debenturs
Nevertheless, I decided to give them some room and hoped that they would be reasonable enough to respond to me with the kind of urgency such a matter demands:
20090203 Email Response From Mk to Cowan


No comments: