Saturday, February 28, 2009

It is 12 January and a request for form CM42 is made


Our last communication with EDWAFIN was around 20 December 2008. In the meantime we have feasted and the new year arrived. Nearly two weeks into 2009, on 12 January the staff of EDWAFIN were to be back in their offices, and I could at last request the wretched CM42 forms. These were to be completed and returned to the offices of EDWAFIN together with the debenture certificates.

  1. First I phoned, and a courteous lady informed me that she would send me a copy by email - that didn't happen.
  2. Then I sent three notes throughout the day delivered by emails and by internet fax ('0137654842@faxfx.net'; '0866816341@faxfx.net'; 'patrick@edwafin.com'; '0317652990@faxfx.net'; 'admin@edwafin.com'). Response - nada.
  3. I phoned again, and spoke to a curious lady whom I later discovered to be Ms Carole Gardiner. I simply, and friendly requested for a form CM42. She had no idea what that was. She wanted to know what it was about, and I informed her that I was requesting our money back. Absolutely not, even though they had defaulted, we would have to see out our five odd years. When I tried to convince her, she bluntly informed me that our conversation was going nowhere, and that she would email me. End of conversation. (I suspect that Carole and I were connected somehow in a previous lifetime, and that I must have put her eye out. This was Karma at work). This was just another person who denied being liable even though the company had defaulted!
  4. Ms Gardiner sent me an email requesting copies of my correspondence with Mr Stapleton. Good heavens, the circus is back in town. Perhaps Ms Gardiner was really not of this planet, and was communicating from another dimension. Poor soul, she is probably in darkness and looking for a light to move towards. Nevertheless, I sent her copies of all the correspondence I had in my possession, and never heard from her again. Has she found the light, I wonder?
The next day 13 january 2009, I sent another email to Mr Stapleton, informing him that the form was unavailable, and that his co-directors were seemingly absolutely clueless:
20090113 Email From Mk About Form

Instead it was another lady, Ms Verona Cowan, the Legal Manager, who responded and sent me a copy of the form the next dat (13 january 2009):
20090113 Email From Cowan With Form

At last we were making some progress. The form was completed, and our attorney was requested to have the form and debenture certificates delivered to EDWAFIN by courier.
In was in EDWAFIN's hand on 20 January 2009, and inluded was a letter by myself, again requesting a refund of my money, as well as a letter written by our attorney giving them seven days to do so. My letter below:
20090116 Put Option

My wife and I were happy people. Everything had been done by the book. EDWAFIN is a reputable company, the people who work their are honourable, honest and sincere (some seem to be not so bright, but then life does not give in equal measures). Soon we would have our money back, and we would all walk away happy.

No comments: