Monday, November 23, 2009

To make new friends is to encounter part of your alter-ego

Last week we received a cryptic anonymous about Upward Spirals' Gary van den Heever, with an challenge to find this "person" that has meaning for us as Edwafiners, and whom can be found amongst the friends of Gary.


Hey, it took me a while, but there amongst the multitude of Gary's Facebook friends I found Don Hutchinson in all his glory.I must say he is a magnificent specimen, a well-fed operator, and in my imagination I could see the meat-juices and oiliness of the many lunches and dinners, enjoyed out our investments dribbling from his jowls. The alternative of The Pair, Patrick, is similarly a gleaming specimen of good, well-fed health, but alas he has not made it to Gary's friendship page yet.


Before I give you the wrong impression, I do not wish to throw any aspersions on Gary. He seems like a nice above-board gentlemen, who is seemingly very popular and a man of many achievements. That their  pward Spiral web site won't win any prizes, is neither here nor there but perhaps as their business growths, as I suspect it will, that may improve as well. What Gary perhaps does not know, is that he has a lurker amongst his many friends. There in all his patheticism, Don beams amongst the many other beautiful people on Gary's web site. Perhaps it is time that Gary has a look at our blog so that he can discover who has so surreptitiously infiltrated his circle of friends.


So I asked Gary to be my friend on Facebook and he accepted! Now I think that is gregarious and I am very happy. You see, it appear that Gary has a certain fondness for the music I share with him, as well as fast cars. Well my fast car is driven by wify, but she is fast, I tell you, make no mistake.


Then I thought, since he is on Facebook as well, let me ask Don if I can be a friend of his as well. Let's face it, back in the days, I also invited Patrick to have a cup of coffee with me - mainly to discuss what we would do in our next life. But Don has been mum until now. You see, Don does not like people - yes, that's true, he likes their money, and the oily dribble down along his cheeks and down his chin (oops! a number of chins I should say), but he definitely does not like the people.


I have learnt to look at life anew every day, and appreciate something beautiful in life. Today's beauty: the fact that two boys, Patrick Stapleton and Don Hutchinson, who made such a devastating fiasco of managing R128,000,000 of other peoples money, have now set themselves up to give advice to others on how to manage their money in the newly but old named DMC. And at the other end of the universe an Angle looses a white, bright feather, while holding his tummy with mirth.

It's a good thing we are devoid of feathers, otherwise Don and Patrick would find ways to pluck them as well - if an Angle at the edge of the universe is not safe, we would have been plucked naked by now - or are we?

No comments: