Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our own volksmoeder

Ever since birth I have been fascinated by the female-group of our society. For me it is as if they frequently show a deeper wisdom and insight into certain matters, oh so frequently lacking in the testosterone world. You might not agree, and perhaps you are correct in saying that they are merely similar souls with a different style jacket but what, let me have my dreams and conjectures. Our Afrikaans speaking brethren have a concept called "Volks Moeder": Mother of the Nation, and I have no idea what they actually mean with doubts that they themselves know. To me it conjectures a large pack of wolfs all having one or two females as their alpha mother, or perhaps a queen ant, an unmovable clump of flesh giving birth (via eggs) to hundred teeny-weeny suckling ants - that is if ants suckle. I doubt, though, that that is what the Volks Vaders have in mind (and we will discuss them at a later date, when clarity returns to thought.)

Perhaps they have in mind those ladies, sturdy in disposition, who get things done in life and thereby benefiting others as well. Please forgive me for mumbling; my tongue is now so firmly in my cheek that I'm not sure if I can retrieve it again. Anyway, amongst our readers and within our group we have one lady who has been formidable amidst all the Edwafin to-do, that I would like to elevate her to the Queen of Edwafin Action, our own Edwafinian volksmoeder. She wrote me an email the day before yesterday to the Edwafin Class action group, and I would like to quote part of her email. It is self-explanatory and does not need any elaboration.

Oooh so excited I am!!!!

It seems Mr Sherrif has not left the NPA but
merely that building!!!!! (???)

What a great conversation I've just
had!!!! I'm sure you can feel my excitement!!!!

He wants to send the
Directors to jail!!!!! All hail Len for President!!!

Len Sherrif has
said he needs to get affidavits from every investor. He has asked that I give
out his new office number and mobile number to anyone I know of so that he can
get as much information as possible. I have an appointment to see him in person
tomorrow at 1pm.

Len Sherrif 031 325 4331 and 082 906 9168 he has
invited telephone calls anytime of the day or night. I'm sure it's fine if you
send it to all on your list.

He will be travelling around the country to
the various centres to get affidavits from investors.

In terms of a
state ordered Forensic Audit, he has said it is quite a process and he has to
have quite a bit of proof. He reckons he'll be ready towards the end of the year.

In terms of the Insurance Policy, Len (yes we're on first name terms)
reckons that the Liquidators do have a case to bring to the insurance company for
the R20 million payout (it may not be much but it's better than a poke in the
eye with a forked stick I say). Len has "unofficially" given a copy of Merle
Winchester's affidavit to the liquidators. Apparently she is a Section 20
witness, which means she won't be prosecuted (for now - but Len reserves the
right to prosecute her at a later stage) in exchange for her testimony which is
quite damaging and definitely confirms fraud and misrepresentation.

Now you will understand why my chest has grown to such an extent over the last days, that my shirts have popped, while I'm talking in my sleep about the "other woman" in my life, to my wife's chagrin.
She has done the preparatory work. So let's now act on it. What's that?.... Her name? ..... Heh heh heh heh .....

No comments: